Thread: "Project"
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #29
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
And Dirk's stolen MVP in 06 (well at least stolen by Nash, others also had a better claim than Nash did). Check the Win Shares stat.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2006.html
UGH. That one pisses me off to this day. Dirk was so clearly, obviously the MVP that year. For those first couple of years he was in Phoenix, it was absolutely ridiculous the way the media slobbered all over Nash's nuts. Really, as bad as anything I've ever seen with Lebron or Kobe or anyone else.

What angers me even more is when I hear some douche bag say something about how there wasn't a "real" MVP in 07. Hell, just a few weeks ago I heard Marc Stein and Bill Simmons talk about that. I wanted to punch both of them in the face. Dirk was clearly the MVP in both years, and really you could make a very strong argument that he was the MVP in '05 as well.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote