View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I've been a big fan of his mad scientist lineups that everyone hated (until it won us a ring) ever since he got here. Carlisle has a completely original approach to the game - he's not afraid to use all 15 guys on his roster if it can buy his team a win.
This reminds of what Bird said in that interview with GAC, that "Rick is not afraid to try anything in the playoffs." I'd imagine that a lot of guys coach "afraid to lose," or in the case of Avery Johnson, see monsters under the bed. Not Carlisle. The dude is going full-out to win, no matter what it takes, and he doesn't worry about consequences. I'm sure the players enjoy having him on their side.

And I'm sure that when he called his team "soft," it A) was very calculated, and B) had a large impact.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote