View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #1019
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's nearly time, and then we'll put all this to bed forever.

I am determined to enjoy the movie no matter what. 8 movies, 11 years... it's been quite an achievement to even keep the whole thing together that long (sans Richard Harris).

And reading through DH again...there are some things that are not very cinema-ready. Including the climax of their "duel", which isn't really much of one. I expect it will be in the movie, and I won't begrudge them that. Expecting a billion dollars worth of ticket sales world wide to grasp the suspense of "to whom the Elder wand is loyal" strains credulity. If they do something a little different with that I am not going to begrudge it.

I did read already (spoiler alert? I guess?) that Snape dies in the heretofore unseen "boat house" under Hogwarts, rather than the shrieking shack. A choice they say was made for a better, more dramatic, set. One question: If Voldemort is there too...wouldn't he be in the castle technically? Wouldnt' that kind of...be severely stupid?

I'll find out tomorrow.