View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #1027
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I have a hard time rating the movies. I consider 1 and 2 to be different animals entirely. I feel very strongly that even comparing them to the others...it just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

In my head I put those two off to the side I guess. But if I had to fit them in there...

1. DH Part 1
2. POA
3. DH Part 2
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Half blood prince
6. Sorcerers stone
7. Chamber of secrets
8. Goblet of Fire. Which is terrible. Just %ucking terrible.

I put order of the phoenix ahead of HBP in the movies (never would in books, obviously) both as a statement of what they were able to do with the longest book in OOTP, which I thought was pretty good, (It really captured the mood and spirit of the book) and a criticism the many, many continuity problems in HBP. It was a magnificent book that presented itself for cinema quite well and they just mangled the absolute piss out of it for seemingly no reason.

I wonder if they, at the time of writing HBP screenplay, already had the whole "Harry can FEEL the Horcruxes" crutch thought out as a way to fix their many HBP transgressions, or if they later realized they had to invent a mechanism to cover them up and chose that route.

Goblet of Fire is one of the worst movies ever made, and I state that as a casual matter of widely accepted fact.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-18-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote