View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #2398
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled View Post
I'm actually surprised by what I saw in that video. I didn't expect to see a scowling Dirk after a vicious dunk attempt so early in his basketball career. Somehow, I had figured that the "toughness" part of his game evolved a bit later. Now I'm realizing that this guy was born tough.

Moreover, watching that footage makes it pretty clear that it didn't take a rocket scientist to know that Dirk was going to be a very special player. If the Mavericks didn't draft him (and they didn't), the Celtics would have and he would have been Celtic great, no doubt. I still marvel that a person his height can do the things that he does, and it is amazing that he could do those things at such an early age.
But you see Harrington and rashard lewis right there with him. It was the work that has made him a one name superstar.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote