View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #2785
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
^I'm sure you're peeved Cad that Universal pulled the plug on At The Mountains of Madness. You can blame flops like Cowboys and Aliens for that.
Oh, I was furious. It's such a joke. "Battleship" gets a 200 million dollar budget, but Universal nixes "At the Mountains of Madness"???

- Lovecraft + Del Toro + 3D + Cameron Producing + Cruise starring?

By the way, the reason they balked is because Del Toro wouldn't budge on a Hard R, so it was NEVER going to be 3-D. Not sure why the Cruise hate. Think what you want about his personal life, but he's a very capable actor. He wouldn't be my first choice (Dafoe or Cillian Murphy would have), but still.

It's possible Del Toro & Cameron will take it elsewhere (WB...).

But I'm just fed up with Universal. They nix "ATMom", they nix "The Dark Tower", they killed Gore Verbinski's Hard R "Bioshock". But hey, 200 mill for a movie starring Rhianna and Brooklyn Decker...
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote