View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #128
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Kiro...keep it up!!! You know what's best for your body and the goals you have for it. It's cool to read the updates!!!

I hope by sharing, I can simply share and if something makes sense that you or anyone else want to implement into their own routine, then cool...likewise, I hope to grab some gems for y'alls workout and plug into my routines.

For me, I'm not officially in maintenance mode...basically I fluctuate from 178-185 at the moment. Still trying to burn that last bit of fat around the abs. Doing the full core workouts and some run/walks from 4-9 miles...although I got a 16 miler in a few weeks ago ;-) Ultimately, getting the abs in will require a boatload of self-discipline regarding the food I take in.

I'm close, but still having a tough time to get that last little bit.

I find that I do good, but a little too good and deplete my fuel...do a major workout and then struggle to keep from passing out.

Something about being 43...recovery aint like it was when I was 23 ;-)

Xrbox,

As for the diets I'm reading about...a few years back I got a e-book called "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle"

Bottom line, it provides some really educational information regarding exercise and nutrition, while also knocking down 'Diets' and providing the negatives with respect to those diets. But again, its up to each of us to take in the information we find and form our view on what works for our body.

I try to simplify as much as I can...lowered my cabs (Sugars, Bread, Pasta and Alcohol), increased proteins (Plain Greek Yogurts, Meal Replacement Shakes (Shakeology from Beachbody is what I use) and other items that are higher in protein. For example, for breakfast today, I had a bowl of Special K 10G Protein Cereal with about 4 Strawberries sliced up and a cup of Almond Milk.

In the old days, I'd have Bacon, Sausage, 3-5 egg omelet with cheese and a bunch of other stuff, French Toast and or Pancakes, 2-3 glasses of Juice...I might grab a piece of fruit or some type of sweet yogurt.

Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I used to pig out!!!

Now, it's taken me nearly 3 years to change my eating habits...but I changed them one thing a time. Rather than making a drastic Diet that sets me up for failure as I would eventually go back to eating what I ate before the Diet. I decided to make a lifestyle change and find foods that I could eat long term.

So best of success to you and again to everyone else who has or is even thinking about making that change.

Take care and have a fun fit night ;-) Time for me to get my 2nd workout in for the day...this morning was "Insanity Max Plyo" --- my knee is killing me at the moment, so I will stretch it out by a nice light jog in the neighborhood ... 4-5 miles ;-)
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote