View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #159
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
You couldn't predict a single bit of it from the previous win. But you claim that the games not only are somehow tied together, but that they tie together in the same way every time.

What I actually said: My primary point is simply that winning a game can bring that momentum over into the next game based on how the win is earned and what happens emotionally in that game. Sure, something like today might take place where the momentum we carried over from our previous win is stolen from us by a horrible call or mistakes that aren't typically made, but that is exactly WHY it isn't predictable - human error.

Amazing how me saying that somehow means I am claiming it always happens and it happens the exact same way every time. Your general comprehension skills need some serious work.

Right here, you're trying to demonstrate that good things trigger good things, good things trigger bad things, bad things trigger good things, and bad things trigger bad things. Well shit Sherlock, it sure looks like you have all your bases covered, doesn't it?

No, I'm not. I am saying that because it can't take place every single time doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Jesus Christ, how can you not get a grasp on this? Are you really, really this stupid?

Everyone else explains their ideas in terms of "Well, this format looks good because it has this one favorable scenario and it looks fairly likely it could happen although the other possible scenario doesn't look good but at least it appears it's less likely, but in the other format there's this other thing that could happen that would be much better except it's more likely that the bad thing happens so overall I like first situation better than the second." The problem is, as long as it isn't quantified, it's meaningless. How likely and how good or bad is each thing you're talking about? That's what determines which scenario is better, not just a general feeling of likely and unlikely and good and bad.

Again, I apologize that I can't give you 23.7x - 14n / 32.8 + square root of 19^3 = i where x = blah blah blah so that you feel better about the percentages taking place, at least enough for you to acknowledge that this type of a situation can take place. It's sad that your life is one big equation with only black and white, but it is what it is I guess. So be it.

I'll say it again: The number was used as an example. However, the theory does not depend on that number.

That's not my point. My point was you tried to call me out for conjuring that number up and it was your ass that created that. You were WRONG. One of many times. That black and white enough for you?
Above.