View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #169
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think teams that win game 5 going into game 6 have momentum going into game 6. The momentum varies based on whether or not they have a 3-2 lead or are trailing 2-3 and can vary based on how that particular game played out, but yeah, I think you are an absolute moron if you can't see that there are positive affects from a win. I think if you made a poll that asked the following question: "Do you think a team that wins a game gains any positive emotional impact and ultimately momentum that can give them a slight advantage over their opponent the next night?" you would have an unbelievable high percentage for YES.
Who cares if it actually works out that way, at least everyone thinks it does! Right?

Maybe we should ask those people in the 1400s about the flat earth...

Quote:
Aren't you? Aren't you saying that it doesn't take place reliably so it doesn't take place and the stats method is the only way to go until it finally proves you wrong and does happen reliably? Sure sounded that way your last post.
It's as good as any predictive theory, and possibly better.

Quote:
Sure they do... Sure they do.
Yup, they sure do. Like when Dallas went into Miami for Game Six, and when Boston went into LA the previous year. The momentum theory must be true! But the letdown theory must also be true! Everybody wins! Oh, except that guy over there that says it's unpredictable.

Quote:
No, no I didn't. You did. We aren't talking about the 60% number dumbass. We are talking about the 10% number - the additional 10% from having momentum. That is the number you used in my bolded text that I then carried forward with all of my non-independent postings.
Oh, the example of a model I don't believe in? Man, you're really reaching here.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote