View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #475
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Don't agree at all. You actually want the guy to play in 13 games LESS than he did last year??? Sheesh.

Give him: 1) 120 games at C with Torrealba getting the other 42, 2) 20 games at DH with Young resting someone at 1B/2B/3B/LF those days (or given an off day himself) and 3) 5 games at 1B resting hopefully Fielder. The rest he will be given off full days. I say give him 145 games of 162 if he stays healthy.

That is roughly 75% of his games played at C, which is less than I initially wanted, but having thought about it, would be fine with Young's ability to move around. He is just too good after finally turning a corner here in TX. Play the man.
I know this is kind of a small sampling size, but Napoli played over 114 games once in his career. He played 140 games and his BA shrunk down to .238. Now the previous year he played 114 times for a .272 avg.

The guy just flat out gets gassed. And understandably so. Catching is a rough job. Why else would Wash put him at 1st base for a game in the WS? But you are right that 100 games may be too few. I would not be surprised if he played roughly the same number of games as he did this year.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 10-31-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote