View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #228
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
You would prefer to lose like this over actually being competitive? Gimme a break...I'll take a team that at least plays well for three and half quarters versus just being completely awful any day of the week.
Don't read the wrong things into my comment above - I don't mean that I would rather have the Rams' franchise and regularly lose big, but for my heart, especially after the WS, give me a loss like that over a Jets/Lions debacle!

Also, please don't casually use "plays well for three and a half quarters" in place of "plays great for three and a half quarters and then breaks franchise records with the sheer amount of suck it takes to blow substantial leads" as you have done here. There is a difference - a big difference.

Ideally you would prefer any loss that you are forced to swallow to be a close contest where your team shows great character and mettle but comes up just short, preferably due to the other team winning the game vs. you losing the game. The closest example this year, though certainly not perfect, is the New England game.

Again, I see the Philly loss as fairly easily fixable. Our defense is OBVIOUSLY better than that and has been for the entire season. They made a lot of changes vs. what they had been doing and Rob and Jason both simply couldn't respond well enough. That plus McCoy and Vick are damn good and they hurt us with their speed and quickness shifting and getting out of trouble.