View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #416
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
It doesnt even have to be howard or deron williams, but its foolish to lock yourself into one roster with no flexibility when that roster has serious issues for a second or third tier player.

People always come available. We dont know whos going to sign joe johnson when he gets amnestied for example. Maybe a bad team does it with the intention of dealing him. I know we won a title and because of that this team has supplanted the 2001/2003 teams as my favorite teams ever but you guys have gotta understand that we cant permantly lock into it
I don't think we have to permanently lock into it, but you keep the core and churn the rest. If we have to get rid of haywood to keep tyson, fine....get rid of jjb, caron...fine. But what I saw was dirk, ty, jkiddo, shawn, jet are the core of this team. Breaking that up seems really short-sighted if you want to win a championship.

I think I read that Haywood could have been traded last year, then do it and there is tyson.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote