View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #488
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
I just don't see how Chandler is "worth" more than Terry or Kidd to the Mavs...esp with the new CBA. Granted Chandler filled a hole the Mavs had, but without Kidd or Terry an equally big hole exists. 9.5M/year for 4 years with max raises would be my final offer.
This is way to subjective. You going to give Terry and Kidd, the same offer you giving to Chandler, 4 years 10 million? No, due to age. They are all at different points of their careers. Without Terry, we don't win, now if you move Terry add Fernandez, do you win last year? Same with Kidd you take Kidd out for say Bibby, do you win? No of course not, these players provided skill sets, that meshed at the right time and all helped us to win the prize. Like I've said before, Cuban has expressed publicly before that each player has a value to his team, economically he wouldn't overpay with free agent signings. Chandler is known and has proven that he's the top help defender out there, but his on ball defense is lacking, his individual offensive skills do not exist, so do you pay him 14+ a year? Economically irresponsible. Do you offer him a bit more because he "fits your team," sure, but what's his value to Cuban? 10 million? Does Cuban sacrifice 4 years to win now? Or does he stick with his plan to eat the cap space and wait for 2012? Its not an great position to be in, almost like the Nash spot.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote