View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #16
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Though it would be nice to have Nene I do not see us giving up anyone Denver would want that is if it went the sign and trade route.
Again we're dealing mostly with agents, a lot of times, because of the contract agreed and destination agreed upon, the team losing the player actually does the player and his agent a favor by working on a sign and trade. You do the agent a favor now, he'll bank it and count it as an I owe you one....later on. You get a couple picks, cash and cap room, and an agent favor. But because the Mavs don't have the cap space to hold any leverage to get Nene here, it would be tough for Nene to say I will agree on signing with the Mavs using their MLE.....Denver would laugh at him and his agent....because there's no leverage, and even the PA would get pretty upset with Nene in turning down bigger contracts.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote