View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 09:42 AM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Hmm.. I don't know Kiki. I'm not going to scour statitics on this one, but I do remember the Bulls winning title after title without a true post threat.

I would also like to say that zone defenses may change everything. For the Mavericks this year, it has absolutely taken away any advantage a team has in the post. Players like Mayrice Taylor, who normally would isolate down low, can't against the Mavericks. The way teams are beating the Mavericks is by putting in smaller players who can instead shoot over the zone. The probably outcome is that league-wide, good offensive teams are no longer going to be the ones that pound it inside, but istead be ones who can shoot. I think teams who have put a priority on shooting are going to be the successful ones in the next ten years. That has certainly been the case in this regular season.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote