View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #98
ibivibiv

ibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I don't really see it as betting this entire season. To me, that assumes the team is tanking. I don't see that when it comes to looking at the landscape. The west is still relatively wide open. OKC is the team that looks ready to step up, but there's nothing behind them that really stands out and says we're coming to get you. When you take conditioning, getting players used to the system, trust and having the target placed squarely on your chest - why is hard to believe that this is what we're seeing so far?
Being honest, we'll do well with what we have, but barring injuries we are just a possibility this year along with the rest. We let a full rotation of solid guys go and replaced them with projects players and "used to coulds". We'll have to make up for that AND show up in the playoffs with fresh legs on an old team. So, yeah I think he's betting the success of this season on nabbing some big names later. I don't disagree with that strategy, but it is just going to hurt watching some wonky basketball here for awhile. Anything else said is just blind fandom. We'll probably get in somewhere in the middle for the playoffs and have to really tighten things up to make it to the conf finals, but thinking we'll go all the way with this much rotation in players and coaching is a bit of a pipe dream. Crazier things have happened, but the Mavs have a long road ahead of them.
ibivibiv is offline   Reply With Quote