View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #99
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibivibiv View Post
Being honest, we'll do well with what we have, but barring injuries we are just a possibility this year along with the rest. We let a full rotation of solid guys go and replaced them with projects players and "used to coulds". We'll have to make up for that AND show up in the playoffs with fresh legs on an old team. So, yeah I think he's betting the success of this season on nabbing some big names later. I don't disagree with that strategy, but it is just going to hurt watching some wonky basketball here for awhile. Anything else said is just blind fandom. We'll probably get in somewhere in the middle for the playoffs and have to really tighten things up to make it to the conf finals, but thinking we'll go all the way with this much rotation in players and coaching is a bit of a pipe dream. Crazier things have happened, but the Mavs have a long road ahead of them.
I don't think it necessarily have to be big names. I can see Cuban trying to maintain as much flexibility as he can while building a group around Dirk. I mean you add Williams or Howard, you're still handcuffing yourself. Cuban is a business man, when he sees a great deal, he'll want to bite...case in point Lamar Odom. Who knows you bring in a guy like OJ Mayo for a half dollar on the dollar, you never know, the dynamic duo...with Dirk. I do see us going balls to the wall for the Big 2 left, but there will always be good players on the market, Cuban's going to try his darndest to keep flexibility going forward. Stack, Damp Chips.....were pulled out of the hat by Cuban, no other owner were able to get that done. It's a pain in the ass to watch our guys blown out night after night, but I trust what the heads are doing.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote