View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 01:19 AM   #140
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think Marion's contract is pretty close to negative trade value at this point.
Think so? Maybe I'm being too favorable to him. He can't be the centerpiece, but I feel like he would have at least something to offer to a marginal team like that.

But maybe once he goes there he mails it in. That's close to what he did in Miami and Toronto, anyway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Outside of Marion, what else would we send away that wouldn't be dumping salary? The cupboard is kinda bare.
Odom is the other obvious guy. Throw in Roddy, a couple picks, maybe another young guy, and cash.....while I don't know if you can beat the other team's offers, you're probably at least somewhere in the ballpark ish. Like I said, this doesn't really cover the issue of whether it's the best offer they can get. Just thinking about whether the Mavs should be pursuing it extensively in-season, rather than waiting and hoping.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-30-2011 at 01:21 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote