View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 01:34 AM   #156
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I have to say, part of me wonders if Dallas isn't stockpiling all these young bigs in part as a way of ensuring that they won't be bereft of size if they end up dealing Haywood for an expiring at the trade deadline. Realistically, dealing him to a contending team in need of size is probably by far Dallas' best shot at clearing enough cap space to make a run at Deron + Dwight in the offseason. That's a risky game to play, but I don't doubt it's something Mark and Donnie are considering as an option.
Why not just waive Haywood for 100% cap space? Can't it be done at any time? I just figured they'd wait till this offseason so they can actually benefit from it.

If we can amnesty him at any time that is zero risk. Deron flies to Dallas? Cuban just uses his one-time amnesty and inks it up

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-31-2011 at 01:38 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote