View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #148
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishock View Post
Am I wrong though? Did we play very well when Dirk was clanking jumpers all day and not posting up?
Sometimes the shots don't fall, it's really that simple. There are probably other variables which have led to Dirk shooting poorly (for his standards) other than it being "he's resting on his laurels, he has his ring, he doesn't try hard anymore" and all the other cynical mumbo jumbo that unfortunately gets plastered on our computer screens when you post. Compare the shots he received tonight to the shots he was getting while he was struggling. I guarantee they are very similar, most from the elbow. In fact, I can remember a couple of times he was wide open and just missed it (tired legs.. remember those *variables* I mentioned above?)

Not everything is black and white. These guys aren't robots.. it takes time, and with this condensed schedule guys (especially older ones) are going to have heavy legs so expect some crappy shooting lines from time-to-time, even from a guy who will go down as one of the greatest shooters to ever live.

It seems you like getting under peoples skins, hence your ridiculous signature, so I probably shouldn't have put any thought into this post considering who I'm rebutting, but I already put forth the typing so it's too late to go back.

In conclusion.. you're a moron.