View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #181
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
And I stand by it. Let's not act like he's setting the world on fire.
Under the new CBA and with the plans we apparently have going into next summer, $5 million per season over three years could have been a bad idea. $8 million per year even more so.

However, the potential injury risk that comes along with him after his knee injury is just one of those risks one has to take at times. We gave Haywood a 5-year contract in spite of his reputation (by the way, I don't think he's lazy or doesn't care). Many people probably would have been fine with offering Tyson five years under the old CBA despite his injury problems in the past. We gave Kidd a 3-year deal in 2009 that could have turned into a bad contract eventually due to his age.

I don't think we should have matched the Clippers' offer. That said, Caron's been playing well enough so far to justify his salary and I still like to hold him in pretty high regard. He's not as worthless as some people around here made him out to be.

Last edited by dalger; 01-12-2012 at 12:27 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote