Thread: Ricky Rubio
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #56
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonic View Post
As i said in the previous page i thought Rubio would be a decent player for the NBA and not a star. His playmaking abilities are great and i 'm impressed by his shot. Playing in Euroleague the teams that played against him gave to him too much room because he shoot ugly the 3pts (i think 25 % or sth like that). Anyway the good things doesn't mean he makes a lot of turnovers (i think he 's first in TO's ) and he 's one of the worst defenders in the league.
Dude he is actually a borderline great defender, and that was probably the main thing that kept him his starting place at Barcelona even when he was playing bad on the offense. He's got great length, very nice speed, but his fundamentals are perfect, always takes good angles, keeps moving his feet, and his instincts are really good as well.

Anyway, I think his Barcelona stint was awful. Maybe he developed a bit physically and learned how to be a better pro, but as long as JC Navarro was playing there Rubio was always going to be a complementary piece to him. He was much better at Joventud and I wish he'd made the trip to the NBA two years ago.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote