View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 01:34 AM   #2019
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

It remains to be seen whether Rick's doing Booby a favor or delaying his development. I frankly don't consider last year to be very useful in evaluating the situation because Booby was never healthy. And I'd also argue that if Dirk and JET had been as consistent in their efforts over the last few years as some people seem to expect Booby to be, the Mavs would probably have at least three championships and several 70 win seasons to their credit.

Of course, on the other side of things, Rick's the coach, and if he says he wants a particular defensive demeanor from Booby, then it's Booby's responsibility to figure out what that means and do it, regardless of how much or how little sense the requirement makes. Fortunately, I think he's been doing that. Hopefully Rick does his part and refrains from giving him any more DNPs like he did against the Lakers.