View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #2026
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Agreed...at this point you just want someone who seems to know how to play at this level (not atheletically but mentally ).
That may be where your expectations have settled, but I interpret Rick, Dirk and JET's statements as referencing a different quality. My point is simply this. Buzzwords like consistency frequently get thrown around in talking about young players and the reasons that they sometimes don't get minutes, even as established veterans are usually given the opportunity to play through their lapses and struggles. The standards clearly differ, and without going so far as to say I believe that there shouldn't be different standards for established top-shelf players and intriguing but unproven ones, I'm nonetheless something less than completely convinced that the disproportionate application of the consistency-and-demeanor test when it comes to deciding whether Booby will get minutes is doing him that much of a favor.