View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #429
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
As I said in the other thread, I find it ridiculous to just assume that Dwight wouldn't re-sign here just because we couldn't get Deron. We've been on his short list for months, and he'd have to take less money to leave.

And as I also mentioned in the other thread, the Mavs are not going to do all of their roster trimming moves until they have a commitment from guys. They don't have to blow up the roster until they know the plan.
Reagardless, the best case scenario requires us to dip down to Dirk (and perhaps Roddy/Jones) for at least a brief period if we want to get both. My point was that there really wouldn't be much of a difference in net cost between trading and signing both because in the end it would force us to clear our roster out.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote