View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Not that we'd be interested in Brandon Jennings, but just read he wants to leave after his rookie deal is done......looks like the Paul precendence post CBA is setting up to fail. If small market teams want to keep their players, make rookie contracts a max of 5 years with 2 team option years. Especially with a lot of the one and dones, some players have not even hit their primes by the time their rookie deal is done. I think there's some leeway in if you want draft eligibles to be 2 years post grad class, then you pull one year off the rookie length, if you leave as is, lengthen the rookie deals a year and tack on a player option on the 6th year, and maybe a mutual option for the 7th year.
Interesting thoughts here, I have to say.

But please not Brandon Jennings, despite that 55pt game in his rookie season he hasn't done much yet to impress me. Despite averaging 15 shots/game, he's a career .387 shooter, that's pretty bad IMO. I don't need a ballhog in Dallas. Just my opinion.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote