View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #462
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
Yep, but the Heat felt the same way... It all depends on what you give up... If the Mavs could keep most of their best players, and sign those two, then alright... But if they lose say Marion and Kidd in order to gain Howard and Williams, then it might not translate into a championship team...

Kidd might not even play beyond this season, and the Mavs could definitely use a very good PG like Williams in the near future, but if Kidd wants to play next season, then I say it's his job for as long as he wants it... Obviously Williams puts up better stats than the aging Kidd, but again, that doesn't always translate into making the team better... Kidd knows this team, and at this point, there's no PG in the league that is better suited to play with this team... Deron would be my next choice though... Everybody loves PG's that can average 20+ a game, but tell me, when's the last team a team won a championship with a scoring PG leading the way? It's been a long time...

In unrelated trade talk, I was listening to ESPN Radio the other day, and they were talking about how the Mavs would likely be non-factors at the trade deadline... That is unless something that was a no-brainer just fell in their lap... And the example that they used for a no-brainer trade, was trading Marion straight up for Ray Allen... I like Ray Allen, and would love to have him for depth in a playoff run, but there's no way in HELL I would trade Marion to get him! Am I crazy, or are they crazy?
Was espn radio the local station or was it a national broadcast? Just like liberals in the media cannot help but cover things from a liberal point of view, national media cannot help but over-value the local teams players. Iow they are crazy. If it was the local media then they aren't crazy, they are just stupid.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote