View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #470
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
In unrelated trade talk, I was listening to ESPN Radio the other day, and they were talking about how the Mavs would likely be non-factors at the trade deadline... That is unless something that was a no-brainer just fell in their lap... And the example that they used for a no-brainer trade, was trading Marion straight up for Ray Allen... I like Ray Allen, and would love to have him for depth in a playoff run, but there's no way in HELL I would trade Marion to get him! Am I crazy, or are they crazy?
It's certainly not a no-brainer for this season as the Mavs are fine at shooting guard so this just creates more of logjam there while leaving us thin at small forward. But Ray Allen's contract does end after this year so you would have managed to solve the problem of how to get both Haywood and Marion's contract off the books next summer (all that would be left is to amnesty Haywood at that point).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote