View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #2101
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm sure he'll continue to get minutes in some of the "easier" games. Before guys starting going down with injuries Rick seemed to have established two different rotations, one for the more high profile match ups and ones against teams that you would expect to handle a little easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
RE the rotation being full - That's kinda what I was thinking too. Can't see the Mavs moving any of the guys in front of him, so barring injury, anyone have any guesses as to whether we'll see him getting important minutes the rest of the season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Roddy will get minutes against easier opposition. That said, I highly anticipate the Clippers matchup, because they own the sort of backcourt that has eaten the Jasons alive so far this season and where Terry/Roddy and West/Kidd looked like two choices you want to role with the entire game outside crunch time.
Debunked. He had no playing time against the Wolves who employ a small 3 guard lineup and he didn't get off the bench even in garbage time.

Roddy has simply gone back to his "break glass in case of injury or blowout" role he had in his rookie year. Except for 20 minutes, he has been used mainly this year as PG and with him being 3rd on depth chart (4th on the SG) it makes no sense to have him here. He is not going to get better through "practicing hard" because the Mavs won't be practicing with games scheduled every other day now til the end of April.

He is not going to get better on the bench. Either ask him to go to the D league where he can practice and play or just trade him for a 2nd rounder and cap space.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote