View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #512
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

If we sign Dwight Howard this summer (assuming he isn't traded), then I think Deron Williams and the Mavs FO will do whatever it takes to make 3D happen. But I don't think the opposite is true - Dwight Howard controls this summer's free agency, so all major moves are going to be put on hold until he chooses his destination. In other words, he's not following anybody anywhere because he'll be the first to move.

Actually, I think we're likely to get Deron Williams if Dwight Howard goes anywhere except New Jersey, and I think we can get both guys if Dwight decides to sign with Dallas with the understanding that Deron would be following. Actually, I think that's the ONLY way we get Dwight, otherwise he's probably going to Jersey, since Dwight/Deron is a brighter future than Dwight/Dirk... But Dwight/Deron/Dirk obviously trumps either possibility, and playing for Carlisle/Cuban has to be more intriguing than playing for Avery/Russian Mafia Guy.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote