Thread: Jeremy Lin....
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #455
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
You can't have it both ways. A lot of his points & assists are due to high usage and minutes in the Dan Toni system. Raymond freaking Felton looked like an all-star under Dan Toni. People want to totally ignore this, but use the same points as excuses for his turnovers. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Look, Lin has played very very good ball, and it's a great story. I'm not denying that. I'd just like to see some objectivity applied when discussing him.
i think the main counter i'd give to it being just the system is that Lin is shooting 50% from the field. Don't have to look too far if you're wanting to find someone that'll just dominate the rock and jack up all kinds of junk just to fill up on points (cough, Melo)

What did Felton shoot last year under Dantoni? 42.3%.

here of course you'd argue sample size, but so far he's playing very very well and it's not just 'system'. He's playing in the system yes but he's making those opportunities count whether scoring or distributing. (5+ TO/game in the last 7 is putrid - he's got stuff to work on no doubt)

all that aside, it's fun watching him play. another bundle of TO's tonight, but also tons of nice assists.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote