Thread: Jeremy Lin....
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #31
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
You can't have it both ways. A lot of his points & assists are due to high usage and minutes in the Dan Toni system. Raymond freaking Felton looked like an all-star under Dan Toni. People want to totally ignore this, but use the same points as excuses for his turnovers. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Look, Lin has played very very good ball, and it's a great story. I'm not denying that. I'd just like to see some objectivity applied when discussing him.
I think I'm being very objective. I've acknowledged the turnovers - how can you not? It's a fact that he is turning the ball over, and he needs to improve that aspect of his game (which is a teachable skill). But did you even look at the link scoobay posted? Highest usage rate among PGs, lower TO% than most of them, (most notably Nash).

Of course a higher usage rate results in more shots and points. That's why it's important to look at the percentages. FG%, TO%, AST% tell the story.

At this point you're arguing with no one. Arguing for the sake of arguing. You're not being objective, but on the negative end of the spectrum. Pot, meet Kettle.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 02-16-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote