View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #2189
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You didn't establish "95% of the time," there. You established one instance of 95% error. You are a stats guy...you don't get this??

The honest way to examine the "problem" that you have proposed is to determine some sort of way to rate a player's ability, and then to compare it to the "eye test" or "sniff test" that an ordinary fan would use.

Here's a hint: Most people are going to use their "eye test" and decide that Dirk is good, and they are going to be right.

You are using your "95% wrong" thing in a very narrow context...and I might add, one that is entirely irrelevant the discussion in this thread.
You're right, I was imprecise. And I should apply the same standards to me as I do to other users. My apologies.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote