Thread: Jeremy Lin....
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #515
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Love the Lin story because it is needed with the poor basketball that has been on display, but I read an interesting tidbit in the Metro:

Carmelo has been tagged as a ball hog but on average he takes one less shot per game than Lin has taken during his meteoric rise. Remind you, Lin is the point guard and Carmelo is the Small forward.
that certainly is a lot of shots/game but i think some context would balance things out here...

most of these games have been played without their starting SF (melo) and starting PF. who else was going to take those shots? Bill Walker?

Lin is shooting almost 50% from the field. Melo is shooting how well this year? just below 40%. Melo has definitely had better years - career 45-46%.

I haven't seen all his games. Probably there are times he forces things, but from what i've seen he often makes good decisions on pass/shoot. Can't say i've seen him force his shots. Now his passing and TO's however...
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote