View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #1170
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Lol thiggy. Classic.
Yeah...I was being a bit negative at that moment.

It's funny to go back and read this thread, but really, no one assessed this trade correctly.

Consider:

-Many people were concerned about losing Diop, which turned out to look ridiculous...except the Mavs turned around and burned their full MLE on him. So they were kind of accidentally right.

-Many of the calm, logical people argued that the trade made the Mavs better immediately. Yes, five years down the road was a concern, but the trade made the Mavs immediately better. So...how'd that work out? In the short term the Mavs were no better and Devin blossomed. Five years later Kidd a champion and Devin is Just A Guy in this league.

-Some people tried to reason that getting Wright back helped offset the loss of the extra picks. Yeah....no.

Seriously, show me one person in this thread that correctly assessed how this trade would work out. I don't think it exists.

What a weird trade, and what a weird week leading up to it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote