Thread: Jeremy Lin....
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #29
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Lin didn't impress me at all tonight, despite his gaudy stats.

He should have had around 12-15 turnovers, and I'm not even joking. There were at least 6 or 7 times where the Mavs would deflect one of his passes or poke it away from him only for it to magically end up in the hands of a teammate. I also noticed that in the first quarter he got away with some blatant travels. He does a move where he moves with the ball before taking a dribble. It's very unnatural and obvious, so I don't know why it isn't called.

Stern has already realized that Lin is a goldmine and he is getting Superstar calls on both ends of the court. It's ridiculous the calls this kid gets. Several of his "steals" were blatant reach-ins (most notably the one at the end on Dirk). You breathe on him or he gets too pressured, foul.

He hit several BS flukish jumpers tonight as well.

It can be pretty easy to get your assists padded when Steve Novak goes HAM. He played a good game, but I wasn't wowed. Regardless, Stern & the league are going to milk this cash cow for all he's worth, so I guess I'll have to get used to it.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote