View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #633
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Question to CBA people here.

Could Deron and Dwight both sign one year deals with Dallas -- then resign at max with the 7.5% increases next year instead of the 4.5%?

I mean if they signed one year deals, wouldn't Dallas become their "home" team and then be allowed to resign them on 5 year max deals @ 7.5% instead of a 4 year with 4.5% -- as long as they played one year with them?

I realize that it is a chance they take with injury, but that seems to me to off-set the $30 million since both teams can only start at the same amount.

Is this possible?
What would happen is putting a player option after the 3rd year, allowing them to opt out and re-sign for more money to make up for a potential discount starting below max.

James/Wade/Bosh have all such a player option.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote