View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #638
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I really really try not to be greedy. Getting Deron is a jackpot but DDD would be like a nuclear blast in the good way.

If im Cuban i send Kidd to Orlando on the allstar week with the agenda that they four sit down for lunch or dinner to talk about DDD and what this would mean for all of them. Let them talk about the playoff clown Avery, about the genius Carlisle, the free flow offense the Mavs can pull out anytime they want etc. Talk about how the Mavs "rebuild" and pulled out Odom/West/Carter/Wright with basically nothing.

I dont see Dwight getting traded. The owner dont want it. Their record is too good. I think they really hope for a nice (lucky) playoff run to convince him to stay.

I dont see the Lakers folding and offering Gasol and Bynum. I dont see what Dwight want in LA just with Kobe. They have allready huge depth issues.

I dont see Dwight forcing a trade to the Nets at the deadline. The Nets are allready 8 losses behind #8. Knicks and Celtics had injury issues and getting their guys back. Deron/Dwight + some better trash would probably miss the playoffs anyway, so no reason for Dwight to force the trade.

It would really help when we could get a (secret) commitment from both during the ASW but i dont see this happening. Woudl help us with dumping Marion during the deadline but would look also damn suspicious.

There is also the sword of damocles hanging over the Mavs with the name "NBA draft". If the Nets win the lottery...ugh. Could be also that Deron/Dwight are waiting for the Nets draft position. Or which wing player offers the Nets getting for Lopez. I also dont like the Marshon Brooks hype...

Well, its pretty crazy. So many damn variables and aspects...and i believe its DDD or bust for the Mavs. Its either both in Brooklyn or both in Dallas...
Interesting points. I can't see them waiting on the draft picks to be viable. I think lots of scenarios come to the fore front, first being this weekend, then the trade deadline. But agreed, as long as they maintain a decent standing going into the trade deadline, most likely Howard will not be traded.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote