Thread: Jeremy Lin....
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #803
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I am tempted to say that it's all Melo's fault that the Knicks have lost four of their last six because he gives me the impression that he loves to be the center of attention and is not really willing to share the spotlight with a nobody and change his game to accommodate the newbie. He is already hinting that it's difficult for him to not have the ball in his hands and run the offense. Well, he should remember that it didn't work before Linsanity. Having said that, I think D'Antoni should try bring Lin off the bench (not to make CadBane happy, of course) and start Davis. Then he could get Melo more touches in the early going and make sure super star is getting the spotlight. Lin off the bench has a lot of advantages, less pressure for the kid, less star power on the court to worry about, playing against second-string PG on opposing teams, playing with second unit players like Shumpert, Novak, and Jeffries who have great chemistry on the court, and less minutes of playing time, which will give him more energy for fast break plays and drives to the basket, he can also lean back and get a feel for the game and the opponent in the early going. If Davis sucks, he can come in early or finish the game.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote