View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
That lineup could work well for Roddy ie (Terry/Lamar/Vince) but he has to learn to call his own number/plays. A high screen from Ian, with Carter/Terry posted in the corner and Lamar rolling to the basket should work. He did it last night for a 3pter to Lamar. Unfortunately when he slides to PG, he chooses to play like Kidd, passes it to the SG and stays on the perimeter
That's the strange part about RC's system, it doesn't really exploit personnel outside of kidd and dirk. WE are very systematic, PG is PG, SG is SG, SF is SF, PF is PF, and C is C. I found it interesting that we had to have a PF that had a simlar skill set to Dirk, first Tim Thomas, now Cardinal. But it explains why Roddy is more or less a spot up shooter when he's the PG. He takes on Kidd's role. But at the same time, I think we should be able to exploit Roddy's ability to break down and get into the paint regardless of the system, I mean Jet should easily roll into the PG role allowing Roddy to breakdown and create. I don't know, some times it's too rigid, too systematic.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote