View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #2847
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
It's just more than a little odd that you think someone should be more beloved because he's currently playing compared to one of the most beloved individuals in the history of the DFW area.. one of the most respected and loved coaches in the history of professional sports.

Your thought process is... odd
Well... I think the dirkster is the most unfairly maligned sports icon in Dallas's history for sure and possibly nba history. Bar none. He has carried this team on his shoulders for a decade without whining, showboating, drugging, contract holdouts, hometown discounts, through two idiot coaches and some very, very questionable front office work by Donnie/cubes.

All with quiet dignity, flat out hard work and dedication. The only sports icon I put ahead of him is emmit. And there are few that can touch those guys. They are that far ahead IMO.

And I don't think Dallas should be ashamed because of this silly poll, it's just that a silly poll. What i felt they should be ashamed of is not voting him into the starting team at the all-star break, it is that lack of respect ( reflected by Landry out voting him here ) that I truly feel was an abomination, pathetic really.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 03-18-2012 at 01:01 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote