View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #2871
Firnen

Firnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
...and Dirk could not care less about all this stuff.
I think you are definitely right on this one. If you compare the voting in other cities editions of this poll on the other hand Dirk should easily win this. DFW sports fans haven't cared enough about the Mavs to create a really big market in Dallas for basketball so the big free agents went to the coasts or the City (where basketball is BIG) most times, but not to Dallas.

As for now New Jersey/ Brooklyn Nets only argument to lure in D.Howard and/or D-Will was the market size for basketball in New York/ Brooklyn (and the benefits that come along with it). Dallas has a big market size itself, but it's all about football. So guess who will be to blame if Deron Williams takes the Nets over the Mavs: Dallas sport fans (who mostly love the Cowboys, but not the Mavs)

Btw: if I was Billy King i would just show Deron the Dallas poll giving the boot to Dirk (have still hope he wins it) and the NY poll taking Jeremy Lin over all NY's sport greats.
Firnen is offline   Reply With Quote