View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
We don't have the active roster spots to bring him in active do we? Even if he was in game shape, it would also be nice to work him back into the game slowly so see how he's recovering in a game situation.

Anyway, my guess that the signing was to appease an agent seems wrong as Michael Higgins only represents Nazr and Ronnie Price in Free agency.

I like the signing a lot as long as the Mavs have done their homework. I agree that it will be hard to work him into the lineup in this season--particularly this late but cheap guys that can be legit starters with TEAM options is always a good deal. Brandan Wright was an excellent signing at the min and we can pick him up another year for the min. Without the player option I could see him getting 3-5mill/yr.
We would easily have the active roster spots right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-23-2012 at 10:23 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote