View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #498
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
They're just being professional and trying to find a way not to trash the guy. There's no way they actually believe that.

He isn't trying. He's running out there and trying to avoid putting up a shot, or even getting the ball for that matter.

Ok I guess I should correct... yes he is trying but he's trying not to get the ball or to be anywhere near a play where he might be required to do something.

I don't think I ever have or ever will hate a Mavs player more than Lamar Odom. What a piece of garbage.
I will say they're tired of talking about it, but they still believe he's going to turn it around. The two opinions aren't tied together tho. They know he's working and just needs to figure it out, but they're tired of the media trying to put a big old spotlight on it. Last night was a night where Odom just wanted to get dressed, get on the bus and go. Nothing out of the ordinary with that, as he's not required to talk every night. Some of the media still wanted to get him and he said, "you can get me, but you'll have to walk with me." Again, no problem with that. I'll say that I saw that as I was speaking to 2 different sources and they both just scoffed at them just following him. They were very supportive towards Odom as they saw that. They essentially both said they need to leave him alone and let him get a break and that's he trying.

The meeting with Cuban prior to the game was in the corner of the locker room and we could all see it. There was animation between the two of them, but it was pretty much positive communication. The biggest thing I took away from Cuban's comments was the fact that he still thinks Odom is trying to play too much into the flow and that he just needs to be more reactive and try have more force or action in the flow.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-25-2012 at 12:54 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote