View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #503
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The interview after SA was probably one of the more interesting ones I've been a part of. He was pretty much in front of the firing squad for 6+ minutes and answered everything that came his way. He was a little smart with his replies from time to time, but he was pretty much upfront and honest with everything sent his way. It's wearing on him and I know he's going through some stuff, but he definitely is trying out there. He's just climbing uphill and it's major work for him.
I know its not a popular opinion but Kobe is right, Odom isn't used properly in this offense. I cringe every time Rick or Dirk suggest Odom should post up more because it isn't really a big part of his repertoire. Odom's bread and butter is facing up to take bigger/slower players off the dribble (made a living doing this to Dirk) and cutting to the basket with an occasional jumper.
He cannot play the 3 when Dirk and Kidd are on the floor together. There is no spacing.

The lineups that have work the best with him are the ones that include a combination of Terry, Beaubois and/or West. He can play with Dirk but with those back courts only. From an eye test the lineup that I like (Terry/Roddy/Dirk/Odom/Wright) is very productive(1.39 off/.86d eff) but is rarely played. If Carlisle was truly committed to making Lamar comfortable, maybe the first sub should be Terry for Dirk sliding Marion to PF. This way, Dirk could be in the 2nd unit.

Last edited by b_o_r; 03-25-2012 at 02:21 PM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote