View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Part of me really wants us to miss the playoffs, give the guys rest and let the team refocus in the offseason-- plus it would increase our odds in the draft with one of the more talented draft classes making themselves available. If we really do make drastic changes (lose Kidd, Terry, Wood), it would be nice to get in on a top 14 pick.

Then again we won the championship last year and this team has way too much fight in it not to at least fight through 4-5 great games in the playoffs. We're less deep, older, more worn down, and lacking some key pieces so I don't think we'd go all that far, but it'd be nice to see. A good championship run might make it more appealing to Deron to come too.

Part of me just wants to get out guys rest without injury and a better chance at securing someone good in the draft particularly if its going to be a brutal first-round matchup. The other part just wants to see what the Dirk and the geriatrics can do when the games really matter. Kidd, Marion, Terry et al REALLY ramped it up in the playoffs, particularly in the WCF and finals. They all have the potential to turn it up to 11 for a brief period despite their age.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote