View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #75
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Preach!
Word.

I mean, we love Kidd, but if we get Deron, still the first thing you do is to call Steve, and ask him if he would be willing to play with his buddy, Dirk, probably as a backup, and possibly some crunch time minutes with Deron on the floor. Heck, if we don't get Deron, you still call him. He's 80-85% of the player he was during his MVP years.

About Gordon. Normally, he's not a max guy. But in today's NBA? Surely.

Look at that sorry a** list.

- Durant '88
- Gordon '88
- Harden '89
- George '90
- Batum '88
- Evans '89
- DeRozan '89

Those are the top young wing guys. Pretty mediocre overall, even if you have a hall of fame talent amongst them. So, again, in today's NBA, you simply give the max to a guy like Gordon, especially with not much option outside of Deron. Gordon (when healthy) will be a a 23/5/5 58-60%TS guy. A better, more attacking, more clutch version of Joe Johnson.

Unfortunately, New-Orleans is desperate, so i have no doubt in my mind, even if they don't initially offer him the max, they will surely match it if we, or some other team does offer him that. Not much option this summer, if we strike out on Deron. Your best bet would be to go after Nash (hopefully for cheap), ask Kidd to be his backup as well, and built a very deep team. Maybe you go after Kaman.

Something like this would be doable money-wise, at least i think.

Nash/Kidd
West/Roddy
Marion/Azubuike
Dirk/Wright
Kaman/Haywood

On a second thought, no chance, am i right? We would be way over the cap with Marion, Dirk, Haywood, Wright, and Roddy. Stupid salary cap. So you gotta amnesty Haywood, buy out Carter and Odom's contract, Terry obviously is a goner in that case, and you go from there. I hate the new CBA for not allowing a player to reconstruct his contract. Maybe i'm naive, but i really think Dirk would definitely do it.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-14-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote