View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #26
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Mavs have basically no chance of winning this series. I hope they can make it interesting at least. I wanted the Lakers.
Why do people say "no chance" in sports? Like, ever? I feel like people don't understand that you can just say, "Low chance," "10% chance," or whatever. This will get your point across without boxing you in to some absolutist claim. Plus, it's just more accurate.

Semantics, I know, but it bugs the hell out of me. Some people just have to make everything so black and white. Become comfortable with shades of gray, I say.

(For the record, I think the Mavs have more than a "low chance" of winning the series. I just want to bitch about the terminology.)

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote