View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 AM   #99
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
Against the Thunder, I think it might be best if Terry's not part of the closing unit... Terry can hit big shots, but he's destroyed on defense no matter if it's Westbrook, Harden, or Durant...

West on Harden, Kidd on Westbrook, and Marion on Durant is definitely our best chance at getting stops late in the game... We'll miss Terry's shot making ability on offense, but the disparity between he and West is not as pronounced on offense as it is on defense, especially when you consider that Dirk should be taking all those late shots anyway...

Also, with there being a lot of timeouts late in games, that might provide us some opportunity to sub Terry in for offense and out on defense...
I agree, except that vs OKC, now that Westbrook is all over him, he is not even going to be able to generate any significant offense, and he is terrible on defense. I also agree about West, not just for defense, but also because he is much better at penetrating the lane and actually being able to make something good happen than Terry. And we desperately need to be able to do that.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote