View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #37
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Again, I know he's needed on this team. I'm talking about a very specific time in games where he needs to be off the court if at all possible (mostly due to timeout situations).

And no, I'm not making Terry the scapegoat. The Mavs may or may not win that game if he just plays solid defense for about 2 seconds on Durant on the inbound instead of fouling him needlessly. They had other opportunities. But to me, the mental mistakes are the most troubling. I've watched this game long enough to know that shots will sometimes fall.. and sometimes they won't. Durant had a shot in game 1 fall that was nothing more than a prayer. It sucks, but it happens. Sometimes shots fall.. sometimes they don't.

If you play intelligent ball and not foul in that situation, it obviously greatly impacts your ability to survive a missed shot or two down the stretch. When you're on the road in an extremely hostile environment, you can't give away points that late in the game when the offensive player did absolutely nothing at all to earn his way to the line. That, in my opinion, is absolutely inexcusable.

If at all possible, get him off the court for key defensive possessions such as this.
OK, sorry. I see what you are saying and I have to agree. I do want JET closing out games though but I have to agree that play was needless. But why was JET even near Durant on that play? Where is Matrix?

We definitely had many bad errors in that game. I believe if we don't make half of those needless first half turnovers we could easily have beat them. In the first two games these turnovers have drove me crazy, even Dirk has had some inexcusable ones. One thing we know is the Thunder do turn the ball over consistently, we should always be looking to win the turnover battle by a significant margin if we are going to beat these guys.

Last edited by OneLove22; 05-01-2012 at 05:34 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote